Exploit-DB updates

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Compiling skipfish and fixing errors.

iWell, this is the second time I'm writing this... so this one will be a bit more brief, I had encountered some issues when installing the latest version of skipfish on my desktop, one involving "idna.h" and the other a whole plethora of ssl related issues. With some googling I solved the issue, so I've decided to make a quick post to help others who want to install this tool or have encountered the same error as I had. 

These two issues I had could be solved by downloading the following packages, but we will want to update first of course.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev && sudo apt-get install libidn11-dev

Now we will proceed on to downloading the source for those who have just come across this to compile it, or whatever the case may be.

wget http://skipfish.googlecode.com/files/skipfish-1.94b.tgz
tar -xvzf skipfish-1.94b.tgz
cd ./skipfish-1.94b
make

Now you should have successfully compiled yourself a working skipfish binary which can be used like so;

./skipfish -h

No comments:

Post a Comment