Exploit-DB updates

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Changing themes in Windows 7 Starter / Personalizing Win7

Well I recently bought a new netbook and like so many others I got one with Windows 7 Starter not knowing it was crippled, though I had planned to put linux on it to dual boot for whatever OS was needed for the particular task. I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't change the theme to anything besides the default and the older themes. Then I came across one solution which was the "Stardock" theme manager. It comes with a few free themes and I actually like the default one so that works for me. There's also a dock you can use to help personalize the OS, but I've only got 1G of RAM so I don't have the memory to waste on one. So on that note I'll show you what mine looks like as of now, haven't really done much personalizing myself. Just wanted something other than the default themes and that damn background. 


You can download this theme manager from the the following URL;

There's also fences which I enjoy, they're nice and don't consume much memory. 
You can find more information on fences here http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/


No comments:

Post a Comment