Exploit-DB updates

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simple Java IDS/Honeypot - Honeyjar

Well I've been learning Java so I decided I might as well code something worth while as I learn which I would actually use. So I figured I would make a simple program which opens up a socket and listens on it for incoming scans or connection attempts. It then sends fake banners and logs the attackers input and IP. It also does a whois lookup on the attackers IP. Keep in mind I'm still learning so the code may not be as efficient as it could be, but it does the job. If anyone has suggestions or make their own improvements on it than please feel free to send me a copy in a comment. It comes with two premade listeners and one for you to put your own custom message if you want.

Anyhow, here it is. Enjoy, someone finds it useful whether it be to learn from it or to use it. If you make any improvements or have any suggestions than feel free to comment!



Here's the source, keep in mind I'm still working on it. Only posting it because I've been a bit busy lately so I haven't had time to post or to finish this.

Source - http://pastebin.com/rJxEPYeT
Jar - http://www.mediafire.com/?5cepfpx9bqdasf3

Useage: java -jar honey.jar

The rest is self explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment